GVMS Sports 2013-14
If you have not turned in a PIAA form, you must do so along with your fee. This form must be completed by your doctor and would require a physical. Please plan accordingly.
Information for Parents of Student Athletes
· High School and Middle School students wishing to participate in interscholastic athletics must have an initial physical performed by their personal family physician after June 1.
· Parent/Guardian must complete a PIAA Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation form attached. Your personal family physician needs to complete section 6 of the form. Please click here to download and print the physical form. This is a new form updated on July 26, 2012 to include an addendum regarding Sudden Cardiac Arrest Symptoms and Warning signs. Forms are also provided under the "Resources" tab of the PIAA website. Please also fill out the Emergency Athletic Card and return it with your student's physical form.
. Physicals for fall sports shall not be performed earlier than June 3rd. Physicals are to be completed prior to the first scheduled practice date (see dates below):
· Physicals are valid for all three seasons in the current school year - unless an injury/illness occurs. (Example - Physicals done in February of 2013 are not valid for in August of 2013.)
· Parents of athletes wishing to participate in subsequent sport seasons in the current school year only need to complete the PIAA Re-Certification By Parent/Guardian (section 7 of the form) prior to the start of the subsequent season.
· It is strongly recommended that athletes schedule their physicals sometime in June or July for the upcoming school year.